Fabryka Przewodów Energetycznych S.A. in Będzin
is one of the oldest cable industry plants in Poland. Founded by two partners: Alexander Goldstaub and Herman Noblin, who in 1928 launched
the first production of cable products. In January 1930, the company was registered in the District Court in Będzin as the Cable
and Wire Factory in Będzin.
The beginnings were very modest,
both in terms of assortment and quantity, however, already in 1934, the Factory was a leading producer of copper and brass profile bars and
the only producer of commutator profiles for rotors of electrical machines in Poland.
The first production of power cables: aluminum and steel-aluminum started in Poland.
About 100km of cables produced by us were used to build the first transmission line for 150kV Warsaw-Rożnów in Poland.
During this period, the Factory has grown into a medium-sized
enterprise, both in terms of production, volume and employment.
On the first day of the war, 3 bombs fell on the Factory, causing damage to the production hall,
which later forced the occupant to rebuild and modernize it. At the end of 1939, all Zagłębie Dąbrowskie and Śląsk were incorporated into the German
province, and the Cable and Wire Factory was transferred to the trustees of the German board. In the last days of the occupation,
the factory was started to evacuate to Oderberg, where from 1944, using forced laborers from Będzin, a new cable plant was built.
Thanks to the slack dismantling of the machines by the crew, hiding parts of machines and raw materials, the evacuation was delayed,
which made it impossible to take all of the factory's assets to Oderberg.
In January 1945, after the withdrawal of the German army, the government's plenipotentiary,
Eng. Warth, in agreement with the Factory Committee, approved the Temporary Management of the Cable and Wire Factory in Będzin
under the State Board.
the introduction of production specialization began in the Polish cable industry, as a result of which the production of insulated
conductors was liquidated in Będzin, and the production of bare wires was extended.
The years 1961-1970 bring further product development.
In 1961, serial production of steel-aluminum wires with cross-sections of 402mm2 and 525mm2 was launched.
In 1962, the production
of full-rolled sector cores for high-current cables with cross sections of 16-120mm2 and angles of 90° and 120° was begun and a prototype
batch of aluminum profile wires was made.
For the years 1963-67, the largest development of the production
of copper profiles and copper profiles with the addition of silver, intended for the winding of high-power electric motors.
The production of bare-type AFL-3 overhead conductors with a cross-section of 16mm2 for the electrification of villages and agriculture
In the years 1971-1978, the Factory noted further significant progress in the production of new and modern cable products.
An example of a long-term planning of the Factory's development are power cables made of aluminum alloys, which have much higher durability
and can replace steel-aluminum conductors. The first, successful attempts to produce the AlFeMg alloy wire were made in 1975, in cooperation
with the Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals of the Light Metals Branch in Skawina. A 20-kilometer-long wire has been hung on a pilot
line in northern Poland (this line is still in use today).
During the seventies we also noted a dynamic development of export
production. Overhead power lines made at the Factory hang on many transmission lines in China, Libya, Iran and Iraq as well as in the Middle
and Far East.
In those years, works from the late 1970s were continued
on the implementation of cables made of aluminum alloys for production. The production of the AAL-270mm2 type cable
from the Almelec TR-23 aluminum alloy, which was hung on the line near Kędzierzyn, was a great success.
At the same time, work was carried out to expand
the range of commutator profiles production, both in terms of size, shape and the type of copper used.
In 1993, the production of profile and round profile copper wires was started up to a cross-section of 150mm2 made
of M1E copper and copper with an admixture of silver.
In 1994, the factory established cooperation with Alcoa Fujicura Ltd.
in the field of production of lightning cables with a built-in fiber optic core type OPGW.
From 1999, FPE S.A. it already operates as a State Treasury company.
After 2000, the development of the factory, in line with market demand, goes towards the production of insulated ducts.
In 2003, the production of self-supporting wires isolated for rated voltages of 0.6/1kV of the AsXSn and AsXS types was commissioned,
for domestic and foreign markets.
The years 2005-2006 are marked by new products – overhead insulated cables, according to
the Finnish standard, type AMKA, and single-core cables coated with an insulating layer.
In 2009-2015, the Company developed significantly, both in the field of copper
processing (copper wires and profiles) and overhead cable production. In 2009, a new line for insulating Cu and Al flat wires was launched. It was
a response to the growing market demand in this segment. In 2010, a new line for insulating Cu and Al wires was launched
in the newly built production hall, which significantly increased the production capacity of this type of products.
In the same year, new copper extrusion equipment was
purchased and commissioned, which significantly shortened the production cycle of copper wires and profiles and gave the opportunity to execute
customer orders faster. As part of these investments, a high-bay warehouse was also built for ready-made products.
In the range
of overhead conductors, low-density HTLS (High Temperature Low Sag) GTACSR (Gap-type Thermal Resistant Aluminum Conductor Steel Reinforced - 2010)
and ACSS (Aluminum Conductor Steel Supported) cables were implemented as an alternative to classic overhead wires. The production of insulated
steel and aluminum cables type AFL (2011) and copper CuMg 0.4 - Bz II copper cables used in railway applications have begun. The production
of lightning protection wires for construction (2013), made of aluminum and aluminum alloy, was also undertaken.
Due to the introduction of a new
low-loss ACSR/TW cable standard by Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne, a 408-AL1F/34-UHST cable was manufactured and tested as a replacement for the AFL-8-350mm2 conductor (2014).
Currently, the AAAC-V - 480mm2 cable is made of round profile wires, made of aluminum alloy, which is also the subject of the application as a utility model.